1 cup water
½ cup stick margarine or butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 large eggs
1 box instant vanilla pudding (make & store in refrigerator)
Chocolate frosting (store bought is easy!)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat water and margarine to rolling boil in 2 1/2-quart saucepan. Stir in flour. Reduce heat to low. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat.
3. Beat in eggs, all at once, continue beating until smooth. Drop dough by scant ¼ cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto un-greased cookie sheet and shape each into finger 4 ½ inches long and 1 ½ inches wide, using a spatula.
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool away from draft. Cut off top third of each puff and pull out any strands of soft dough.
5. Fill puffs with vanilla pudding. Replace tops. Frost with chocolate frosting. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Refrigerate any remaining dessert.
3 days ago